We have let you know all about Chickpeas so thought we better tell you a nice recipe or two to let you make the most of this wonderful ingredient.
1 can chickpeas (aka Garbanzo beans) about 1 & 2/3 cup
1 & 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin oil
1/2 tsp. each- garlic, paprika & salt-(no salt substitute)
1/4 tsp cumin
dash of cayenne
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. You want them as dry as possible. Spread in a single layer onto a cookie sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle evenly with seasonings, toss and spread out once again.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 60 minutes, stirring them every 15-25 minutes.
- Raise oven temp. to 400 degrees and bake an additional 30 minutes. Continue stirring them every 10 minutes until chickpeas achieve a nice golden color.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and allow to cool. Before serving, sprinkle with Kosher salt if desired.
- To store place in an airtight container.
1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans- drained and liquid saved
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients except for reserved liquid in a blender or food processor. Blend on low, then slowly add liquid until desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve with sliced vegetables, pita bread chips or sliced chicken.